blackbutterfly
I’ll earn your trust back somehow. It’s my final act.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.523

I don’t trust myself to be… enough. To deserve you. There’s nothing about me that could hold you.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.523

Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.524

If there was only some way to make you see that I can’t leave you. Time, I suppose, will be the way to convince you.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.524

Hold on a second. I think I’m having an epiphany here.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.526

What if you sincerely believed something was true, but you were dead wrong? What if you were so stubbornly sure that you were right, that you wouldn’t even consider the truth? Would the truth be silenced, or would it try to break through?
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.527

Option three: Edward loved me. The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.527

You, at least, made an effort. You got up in the morning, tried to be normal for Charlie, followed the pattern of your life. When I wasn’t actively tracking, I was… totally useless. I couldn’t be around my family—I couldn’t be around anyone. I’m embarrassed to admit that I more or less curled up into a ball and let the misery have me. It was much more pathetic than hearing voices. And, of course, you know I do that, too.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.528

I don’t mean that I have any aversion to you as a sister. It’s just that… this is not the life I would have chosen for myself. I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me.
Rosalie Hale, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.534

You’ve chosen not to live without her, and that doesn’t leave me a choice.
Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.534

Thank you. For wanting to keep me. I feel exactly the same way about all of you, too.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.535

Seriously, Bella! I don’t have any idea how to not kill you.
Alice Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.535


You’re wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it’s a joke.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.540

Well, I’m nearly a hundred and ten. It’s time I settled down.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.540

Because she’d rather you became one of the eternal damned than get married.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.541

So eager for eternal damnation.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.546

With Edward back in place, it was almost as if the last eight months were just a disturbing nightmare.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.549

The fairy tale was back on. Prince returned, bad spell broken. I wasn’t sure exactly what to do about the leftover, unresolved character. Where was his happily ever after?
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.550

Abruptly, I remembered what had happened to Paris when Romeo came back. The stage directions were simple: They fight. Paris falls.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.552

Charlie… is probably not going to kill you, but he’s thinking about it.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Epilogue, p.553

The sting of betrayal washed through me. I had trusted Jacob implicitly—trusted him with every single secret I had. He was supposed to be my safe harbor—the person I could always rely on.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.553

Let me go! I’m going to murder him! Traitor!
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.554

I’m already grounded! Why do you think I haven’t been down to La Push to kick your butt for avoiding my phone calls?
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.556

Thank you. I will never be able to tell you how grateful I am. I will owe you for the rest of my… existence.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Epilogue, p.557

I’m a quick learner, Jacob Black, and I don’t make the same mistake twice. I’m here until she orders me away.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Epilogue, p.558

The only thing that Jacob would want from Edward would be his absence.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.558

Charlie might just send me to military school. But that won’t keep me away from Edward. There’s nothing that can do that.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.558

The treaty is quite specific. If any of them bite a human, the truce is over. Bite, not kill.
Jacob Black, New Moon, Epilogue, p.558

I would never hurt her.
Jacob Black, New Moon, Epilogue, p.559


Like we were connected, the echo of his pain twisted inside me. His pain, my pain.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.561

I knew that last glimpse of his face would haunt me until I saw him smile again.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.562

Edward was here, with his arms around me. I could face anything as long as that was true. I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Epilogue, p.563
0 Responses

Post a Comment