blackbutterfly



 Why are you so masochistic?
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.32


You try very hard to make up for something that was never your fault. What I mean is, it’s not like you asked for this. You didn’t choose this kind of life, and yet you have to work so hard to be good.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.35


Like everything in life, I just had to decide what to do with what I was given.
Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.35


So I didn’t agree with my father’s particular brand of faith. But never, in the nearly four hundred years now since I was born, have I ever seen anything to make me doubt whether God exists in some form or the other. Not even the reflection in the mirror.
Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.36


I couldn’t imagine anyone, deity included, who wouldn’t be impressed by Carlisle. Besides, the only kind of heaven I could appreciate would have to include Edward.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.37


I look at my… son. His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him—and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever. How could there not be more for one such as Edward?
Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.37


If you believed as he did. Could you take away his soul?
Carlisle Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.37



If he’d asked me whether I would risk my soul for Edward, the reply would be obvious. But would I risk Edward’s soul? I pursed my lips unhappily. That wasn’t a fair exchange.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.38


I’d rather die than be with anyone but you.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.45


He smiled my favorite crooked smile, and then he disappeared into the darkness.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.46


His voice was sad. He was wallowing.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.47



It’s beautiful, Edward. You couldn’t have given me anything I would love more. I can’t believe it.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.49



Charlie wasn’t exactly aware that Edward frequently stayed over. In fact, he would have a stroke if that fact were brought to his attention. But I didn’t feel too guilty for deceiving him It wasn’t as if we were up to anything he wouldn’t want me to be up to. Edward and his rules…
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.49



You’re greedy tonight.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.51



You’re overestimating my self-control.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.52


Which is tempting you more, my blood or my body?
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.52



I was halfway asleep, maybe more, when I realized what his kiss had reminded me of: last spring, when he’d had to leave me to throw James off my trail, Edward had kissed me goodbye, not knowing when—or if—we would see each other again. This kiss had the same almost painful edge for some reason I couldn’t imagine.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 2, p.52


There was something buried in his eyes that I couldn’t be sure of—and it scared me.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.53


The guilt made my head bow and my shoulders slump. I’d run them out of their home, just like Rosalie and Emmett. I was a plague.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.55



I always want you.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.56


Surely Edward could wait a year. What was a year to an immortal? It didn’t even seem like that much to me.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.57



So much had changed, and so abruptly. It made me feel a little bit dizzy, like I was standing on an edge, a precipice somewhere much too high.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.60



Change was coming. I could feel it. It wasn’t a pleasant prospect, not when life was perfect the way it was.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.60


Maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for normal human behavior today.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.64



Edward looked just as beautiful as he did in real life, staring at me out of the picture with the warm eyes I’d missed for the past few days. It was almost uncanny that anyone could look so… so… beyond description. No thousand words could equal this picture.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.65



The contrast between the two of us was painful. He looked like a god. I looked very average, even for a human, almost shamefully plain.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.65


Edward still hadn’t come over. I didn’t want to admit that he was the reason I’d stayed up so late, but of course he was. I tried to remember the last time he’d stayed away like this, without an excuse, a phone call… He never had.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.66


He smiled my favorite crooked smile, but it was wrong. It didn’t reach his eyes.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.67

I shook my head and took a deep breath, trying to locate some courage.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.67


I didn't answer.  I couldn't think of a way to protest, but I instatly knew that I wanted to.  I didnt like this.  This is bad,  this is very bad..."
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.67


BeWhere you are is the right place for me.
You’re the very best part of my life.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.69



I don’t care! You can have my soul. I don’t want it without you—it’s yours already!
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.69



Bella, I don’t want you to come with me.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.69



You… don’t… want me?
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.69


Of course, I’ll always love you… in a way. But what happened the other night made me realize that it’s time for a change. Because I’m… tired of pretending to be something I’m not, Bella. I am not human
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.70

You’re not good for me, Bella.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.70

I promise that this will be the last time you’ll see me. I won’t come back. I won’t put you through anything like this again. You can go on with your life without any more interference from me. It will be as if I’d never existed.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.71

Don’t worry. You’re human—your memory is no more than a sieve. Time heals all wounds for your kind.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.71

Well, I won’t forget. But my kind… we’re very easily distracted.
Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.72

With shaky legs, ignoring the fact that my action was useless, I followed him into the forest. The evidence of his path had disappeared instantly. There were no footprints, the leaves were still again, but I walked forward without thinking. I could not do anything else. I had to keep moving. If I stopped looking for him, it was over.
Love, life, meaning… over.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.73


Not tonight.  tonight the sky was utterly black.  Perhaps  there was no moon tonight- a lunar eclipse, a new moon. A new moon.  I shivered, though I wasn't cold.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.73


Have you been hurt?
Sam Uley, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.75


The waves of pain that had only lapped at me before now reared high up and washed over my head, pulling me under. I did not resurface.
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.84

0 Responses

Post a Comment