blackbutterfly
People — well, vampires and werewolves really, but still — people I loved were going to get hurt. Hurt because of me. Again. I wished my bad luck would focus a little more carefully.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.386

He raced through the black, quiet forest with me on his back, and even in his run I could feel the elation. He ran the way he did when it was just us, just for enjoyment, just for the feel of the wind in his hair. It was the kind of thing that, during less anxious times, would have made me happy.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.386



You’re very perceptive today. It’s impressive.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.389

Prepare yourselves — they’ve been holding out on us.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.391

I’ll try not to break anything.
Emmett Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.394

You truly are one frightening little monster.
Jasper Hale, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.396


I’ll warn him if your plans get any more defined. It doesn’t help anything for you to put yourself in danger. Do you think either of them would give up if you died? They’d still fight, we all would. You can’t change anything, so just be good, okay?
Alice Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.396

To think it’s come to this, though! Trusting werewolves!
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 18, p.409


You’re in every thought I have.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.413

You’re more important than everyone else. And you’ve given me you. That’s already more than I deserve, and anything else you give me just throws us more out of balance.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.413

The way you regard me is ludicrous.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.413

Jacob is second in command. Did he never tell you that? His orders have to be followed, too.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.415



I got a fascinating look into the pack’s mind last night. It was better than a soap opera. I had no idea how complex the dynamic is with such a large pack. The pull of the individual against the plural psyche… Absolutely fascinating.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.416

The imprinting compulsion is one of the strangest things I’ve ever witnessed in my life, and I’ve seen some strange things.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.418

The pack mind is mesmerizing. All thinking together and then separately at the same time. There’s so much to read!
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.419



Okay, look, Edward. Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are. And I can’t stand it if you leave me again.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.419

I wondered if I was a monster. Not the kind that he thought he was, but the real kind. The kind that hurt people. The kind that had no limits when it came to what they wanted.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.421

Never be afraid to tell me how you feel, Bella. If this is what you need… You are my first priority.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.422



You gave me two alternatives that you could live with, and I chose the one that I could live with. That’s how compromise is supposed to work.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.422

Two voices struggled inside me. One that wanted to be good and brave, and one that told the good one to keep her mouth shut.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.422

You worry too much, Bella. You’re going to go prematurely gray.
Alice Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.423


Edward is such a grouch when he doesn’t get his way.
Alice Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.423

I’m the only one who has permission to hold you hostage, remember?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.427

It was mind-boggling, but, somehow, he still seemed unsure of his hold on me.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.427


He trusts us not to try to kill him. That’s about it, though.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.428

He thinks my translations leave something to be desired. What he actually thought was, ‘That’s really stupid. What is there to be worried about?’ I edited, because I thought it was rude.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 19, p.430


Edward had requested that I relax, and I was going to do my best.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.435

For this one night, could we try to forget everything besides just you and me? It seems like I can never get enough time like that. I need to be with you. Just you.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.435

After everything I’d seen in the past two years, I didn’t believe in the word impossible anymore. It was going to take more than that to stop me now.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.436

He must have been eager to give me my non-present, because human velocity was not fast enough for him.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.438

But I thought it was a good representation. It’s hard and cold. And it throws rainbows in the sunlight.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.439

My heart is just as silent. And it, too, is yours.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.439

I leaned into him, ducking my head under his arm and cuddling into his side. It probably felt similar to snuggling with Michelangelo’s David, except that this perfect marble creature wrapped his arms around me to pull me closer.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.439

Listen to your heart fly. It’s fluttering like a hummingbird’s wings. Are you all right?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.440

I’ve already made the largest concession by far and away — I’ve agreed to take your life away against my better judgment. And that ought to entitle me to a few compromises on your part.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.440

I didn’t realize there was anything else you wanted besides being transformed into a monster yourself. I’m extremely curious.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.441

Tell me what you want, and you can have it.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.442

I didn’t have the faintest idea how to be seductive. I would just have to settle for flushed and self-conscious.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.442



I feel like there’s a line behind me, jockeying for position, waiting for me to make a big enough mistake. . . . You’re too desirable for your own good.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.445


I doubted if awkward, self-conscious, and inept added up to desirable in anyone’s book.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.445

I already know how strong you are. You didn’t have to break the furniture.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.447

Do you have any idea how painful it is, trying to refuse you when you plead with me this way?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.448



Bella. Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.450

Do you get the feeling that everything is backward? Traditionally, shouldn’t you be arguing my side, and I yours?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.451

There isn’t much that’s traditional about you and me.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.451

It’s not like you didn’t know you were going to win in the end. You always win.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.452



You make me feel like a villain in a melodrama — twirling my mustache while I try to steal some poor girl’s virtue.
Edward CullenEclipse, Chapter 20, p.452

That’s it, isn’t it? You’re trying to protect your virtue!
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.453

Vampire rules aren’t enough for you? You want to worry about the human ones too?
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.453

You know that I’ve stolen, I’ve lied, I’ve coveted . . . my virtue is all I have left.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.454

Yes, but you’re such a bad liar that it doesn’t really count. Nobody believes you.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.454



I had no right to want you — but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what’s become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.454

You can’t make me go somewhere you won’t be. That’s my definition of hell. Anyway, I have an easy solution to all this: let’s never die, all right?
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.455

There is only one thing I want to speed up, and the rest can wait foreverbut for that, it’s true, your impatient human hormones are my most powerful ally at this point.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.455



We’ll go to Vegas — you can wear old jeans and we’ll go to the chapel with the drive-through window. I just want it to be official — that you belong to me and no one else.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.456

Show me the damn ring, Edward.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.457

You are the most dangerous creature I’ve ever met.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.457



I supposed it’s a little outdated. Old-fashioned, just like me.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.458

Isabella Swan? I promise to love you forever — every single day of forever. Will you marry me?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.460

There were many things I wanted to say, some of them not nice at all, and others more disgustingly gooey and romantic than he probably dreamed I was capable of.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 20, p.460

I wish I could be with the rest of them tomorrow. Being an old man is a hardship, Bella.
Billy Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.463

The urge to fight must be a defining characteristic of the Y chromosome. They were all the same.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.463

You’re about to make my life harder than it needs to be, Alice.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.464

I don’t care whose idea it was. How could you do this to me? I expect that kind of thing from Edward, but not from you. I love you like you were my own sister.
Alice Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.465

You know, Edward, as a brother, you are sometimes a disappointment.
Alice Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.467

I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be willing to take a bet against you, Alice, but it has arrived.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.467

It would hurt his feelings if I told the truth that it didn’t really matter, because it was all just varying degrees of awful anyway.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.469

I’ve got a first aid kit. I had a feeling I might need it.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.470

I lived through an entire twenty-four hours thinking that you were dead, Bella. That changed the way I look at a lot of things.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.471

Bunch of vampires trying to kill you. The usual.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.474

I thought you were supposed to be the forgiving one, and I was the grudge-holder.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.475

Either you’re lying, or you are the stubbornest person alive.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.476

Some people will go to any lengths to delude themselves.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.476

Does that mean that he’s a better kisser that I am?
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.476

But I don’t count that as a kiss, Jacob. I think of it more as an assault.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.476



According to you, you’ve kissed just one person — who isn’t even really a person — in your whole life, and you’re calling it quits? How do you know that’s what you want? Shouldn’t you play the field a little?
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.477


You could kiss me, for example. I don’t mind if you want to use me to experiment.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.477

Don’t mess with me, Jake. I swear I won’t stop him if he wants to break your jaw.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.477


Sometimes I think you like me better as a wolf.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.478

I think it’s easier for you to be near me when I’m not human, because you don’t have to pretend that you’re not attracted to me.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.478



You’re an enormous monster who refuses to respect anyone else’s personal space.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.478

I make you nervous. But only when I’m human. When I’m a wolf, you’re more comfortable around me.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.478

Nervousness and irritation are not the same thing.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.478



I was horrible. I had to be, to convince him to stay with me. He won’t hold it against me, but I’ll always know what I’m capable of.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.480



You’re my best friend. At least, you used to be. And still sometimes are… when you let your guard down.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.481

When are you finally going to figure out that you’re in love with me, too?
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.481

Leave it to you to ruin the moment.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.481



I’m not saying you don’t love him. I’m not stupid. But it’s possible to love more than one person at a time, Bella. I’ve seen it in action.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.481

It’s really not so bad. Exciting sometimes, like with this thing tomorrow. But at first it sort of felt like being drafted into a war you didn’t know existed. There was no choice, you know? And it was so final.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 21, p.484


I don’t see you making yourself useful. Why don’t you go fetch a space heater or something?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.489

Go fetch a space heater. I’m not a St. Bernard.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.489


I’m sure she’ll thank you for this when her toes turn black and drop off.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.490

Don’t be stupid. Don’t you like having ten toes?
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.491

You don’t have the faintest idea how much I wish I could do what you’re doing for her, mongrel.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.492


At least you know she wishes it was you.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.492

I wondered if the Cullens and the Quileutes weren’t just playing up that whole odor issue because of their prejudices. Everyone smelled fine to me.
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.492

Why are you so much furrier than your friends?
Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.493



Do you think you could attempt to control your thoughts?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.494

You have no idea how loud your little fantasies are. It’s like you’re shouting them at me.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.495


My mind doesn’t work quite the same as yours. I can think of many more things at one time. Of course, that means that I’m always able to think of you, always able to wonder if that’s where her mind is, when she’s quiet and thoughtful.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.496S

She worries that you’re unhappy. Not that you don’t know that. Not that you don’t use that.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.496

Odd as this might sound, I suppose I’m glad you’re here, Jacob.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.497

You mean, ‘as much as I’d love to kill you, I’m glad she’s warm,’ right?
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.497

It’s an uncomfortable truce, isn’t it?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.497


I knew you were just as crazy jealous as I am.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.497

I think you were just worried that if you really forced her to choose, she might not choose you.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.497

After I’d accepted that she was more or less safe with you — as safe as Bella ever is — it seemed best to stop driving her to extremes.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.498

She reminded me of what it did to her when I left — what it still does to her when I leave. She feels horrible about bringing that up, but she’s right. I’ll never be able to make up for that, but I’ll never stop trying anyway.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.499

You think of me as a… living stone — hard and cold. That’s true. We are set the way we are, and it is very rare for us to experience a real change. When that happens, as when Bella entered my life, it is a permanent change. There’s no going back…
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.500


You know exactly how much I hate to accept this, but I can see that you do love her… in your way. I can’t argue with that anymore.
Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.501

As long as she wants me, I’m here.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.502

You see, Jacob, you might leave her someday. Like Sam and Emily, you wouldn’t have a choice. I would always be waiting in the wings, hoping for that to happen.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.502



You know, Jacob, if it weren’t for the fact that we’re natural enemies and that you’re also trying to steal away the reason for my existence, I might actually like you.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.503

I can only hear if you think of it.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.503


Would you like me to help you sleep, Jacob?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.504

Don’t tempt me too far, wolf. My patience isn’t that perfect.
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 22, p.504
0 Responses

Post a Comment