blackbutterfly
Hahaha singer, composer, comedian Bitoy, Toybitz or Michael V is the second filipino to cover Readers' Digest! That's what i heard and read from the news today. :p I think the article failed to mention about what made or makes him a famous singing comedian and composer. Hehe  This guy used to have MTV or MEV(Music Tagalog Version /Music English Version) segment on Bubble gang show over gma7. It is where he used to translate tagalog hits into english and vice versa. What made it a good laugh is that lyrics were translated word for word and he'd dress up, make up and take on the appearance of the artist and simulate the music video.

One of those i couldnt forget are these lines...
"..but when i dial the telephone...all by myself...  _ from hit song All By Myself

"at nang sinabunan ko ang telepono...
lahat binili mag-isa..."

"Hindi mahanap sa lupa ang pag-asa ...himala kasalanan bang humingi ako sa langit ng isang himala"
line from hit song by Rivermaya "HIMALA

".... (i forgot) ... weather forcas ...tmiracle, would it be a sin if i ask from heaven just one miracle"

"pagdating ng panahon, baka ikaw rin at ako..." line from hit song by Aiza Seguerra "PAGDATING NG PANAHON"

"when it comes here the weather, a cow is also you and me..."

The cover of the issue has "YARI KA" hmmm his famous line right after the end of his weekd show "Bitoy's Funniest Videos"

Here's part of the article:

RD's September issue carries its "5th annual humor special." Michael V. is in good company with Singapore's Mark Lee and Malaysia's Harith Iskander.
Did you know that Michael V.'s real name is Beethoven del Valle Bunagan?
In the article (as told to Mars W. Mosqueda Jr.), Michael V. explained, "My father named me after the German composer Ludwig van Beethoven, not because we shared the same birth date - mine's December 17, 1969; his December 16, 199 years earlier - but because my father saw a copy of Beethoven's record in his boss's office and didn't know that Beethoven was a surname. My stage name is derived from two performers I admire: Michael Jackson and Filipino singer Gary V."
Noted for the myriad characters he plays, Michael V. said further, "Some people wonder how I can get into the different characters' heads so easily. The make-up and costumes help a lot. Once I see myself in front of the mirror, I can easily transform into the person I need to be. Having said that, there's always a bold line that separates the real me from the characters that I play so when people ask me if I'm scared that I won't be able to get back to the real me, I just laugh. I mean, I don't go around in ladies' dresses when I'm with my kids at a mall."
0 Responses

Post a Comment